Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Homework

I can honestly say when I was in school I hated doing homework. I would try to get it done before class or even in some other class just to not have to do it at home. Well, now that I look back I see I was just rushing through my process of learning. Homework is a component in the process of learning to me. Homework allows you to make those mistakes without consequences. Homework gives you the extra practice in any subject. Homework can be done independently or with some help. As teachers though, we have to remember not to put to much value on homework. Yes, homework is a form of formative assessment but, who really is doing it. All homework should be given to students to enhance their learning and not to overwhelm them to the point where they hate the subject or school. The homework you give your students should help the reach or go further then their learning targets. Homework is a necessity in the classroom and needs to be given to not punish students but, enhance their learning.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I would not put so much emphasis on
    homework because i do not know if those answers are trully of my student. And i do agree that it is given to hlep students learn at home as well as in t he classroom!

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete