Thursday, April 30, 2009

Standardized Test

Standardized test ugh what can I say, from my experience with them, I hate them. Now I wasn't the greatest test taker but that didn't mean a wasn't a good student. I feel that standardized test give extreme pressure to schools, teachers, and students. This test are to determine a students progress but, what happens if you get a student who is a good above average student in the class but, not a good test taker? The outcome of that standardized test will not reflect the student. Also, I don't believe standardized test reflect the teachers' teaching skills. I feel that this test only put pressure on teachers to teach closed minded. I understand that the state needs to keep track of the schools' but, these test are not the answer.

1 comment:

  1. Paoloa! I completely agree! Standardized tests are not a good form of assessment at all! The student's work throughout the year is a better reflection then just one test!

    ReplyDelete